Thursday, August 23, 2007

CodeRuler: It Runs!

Well, I downloaded the CodeRuler zip file, and tried to follow the instruction on that requirement page, and somehow it turned out to be a little misleading. I have "c:\eclipse" as the directory in which the Eclipse is installed, and I ended up creating another eclipse folder inside it to hold the unzip files. It took me a while to figure out that all I really have to do is just unzip the two jar files into the plugins folder which is under the original eclipse folder. :(

Anyways, so then I could create a game project for the CodeRuler. Then I simply copied and pasted some code that controls the peasants from the article "
Conquer medieval kingdoms with CodeRuler", since I just want to test if the game runs, the article has enough code to do that.

After a few small modifications to the code, my CodeRuler finally runs! Oh well, it didn't even score 300 though. However, it's a good start. Next, I will be reading through the article and try to add some tricks to my CodeRuler. :)


By the way, my eclipse takes literally about 1 minute to start up, anyone has a similar case or know how to make it faster? (my laptop is a Dell XPS M1210, which I believe is quite a fast laptop)

No comments: